There’s a barefoot 5k run coming up!
The location is perfect: The beautiful Bluemont Park, just outside Ballston in Arlington, Va. It goes along the paved W&OD path and is being put on by a great group called the Marathon Charity Cooperation, which uses health and fitness to improve the lives of disadvantaged kids. Everyone is welcome to participate and there’s a bunch of prizes to be won.
- WHO: Barefoot runners, Vibram Five Fingers runners, baby-stroller runners, anyone else who’d like to do it
- WHAT: Barefoot 5k with up to 250 participants
- WHEN: Sunday, 21 NOV 2010, 9am
- WHERE: The beautiful Bluemont Park in Arlington Virginia
- WHY: To have fun and raise some money for disadvantaged kids
- COST: It’s $30 to enter and your money goes to a good cause
To register and for more information, check out the race website here.
WANT TO BE IN A BAREFOOT VIDEO? My buddies and I are putting together another barefoot video. We’ll be shooting some b-roll at this race. I’m hoping to get permission to film the actual run, otherwise we’ll get people together to shoot footage afterwards. We’d love to have you involved. The video probably be released in February, in conjunction with a big barefoot event coinciding with the DC National Marathon in March.
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email me. Thanks!